Orange Zone Discussion Forum

Cora Essenmacher

Cora Essenmacher

by Cora Essenmacher -
Number of replies: 5

CUES, QUESTIONS, AND ADVANCE ORGANIZERS: I will pose a question to get feed back on their prior knowledge to the subject, then I will have a power point to introduce the subject material that is to be presented.  

NONLINGUISTIC REPRESENTATION: Graphic Organizers and charts for visual aid

SUMMARIZING AND NOTE-TAKING: I will have my students use charts and worksheets to complete their note taking and to make sure that the note taking is done in the best way.  

ASSIGNING HOMEWORK AND PROVIDING PRACTICE: I will be posting homework everyday on my website along with videos for the students to watch and reflect on. I will also allow my students to watch things on the history channel to enhance learning and provide them with extra credit opportunities.  

In reply to Cora Essenmacher

Re: Cora Essenmacher

by Ashley Tuttle -
I like that you are having the students have a homework assignment each day and have them go onto your website.
In reply to Ashley Tuttle

by Jacob Schmeltzer -

Allowing students to have those extra credit opportunities is great. It can really inspire self-directed learning!

by Stacey Eno -

I like that you will be posting assignments to your page daily. I think that it is a great way to give families an option to interact through technology.

by Adam Ballien -

I like that you post the homework online, it allows for more teaching time and those that miss the day can still get access to it.

by Marie Zill -

Everything connects and flows really well, students would respond well to this format. Maybe you could require them to watch history channel at the beginning of the year then towards the middle of the year it could become extra credit.