Orange Zone Discussion Forum

Orange Zone

Orange Zone

by Amanda Jones -
Number of replies: 4

CUES, QUESTIONS, AND ADVANCE ORGANIZERS: I will begin the lesson by asking the students questions related to the moon and space just to gain an understanding of where all of the students are at with knowledge over the topic.  This will be done on a google doc so that way everyone can see the feedback that is being given.  From there I will show videos and slides introducing the students to the moon.  

NONLINGUISTIC REPRESENTATION: Graphic Organizers and data charts for visual aid

SUMMARIZING AND NOTE-TAKING:I will have my students create data charts showing the distance from the earth to the moon. 

ASSIGNING HOMEWORK AND PROVIDING PRACTICE: I will be posting homework everyday on my website asking students to also reply to one another for help if needed.  The students will also have access to multiply websites and videos to enchance their knowledge over the topic.

https://quizlet.com/create-set

In reply to Amanda Jones

Re: Orange Zone

by Ashley Tuttle -

I like that you are asking the students to make charts of how they think the distance is to the moon and earth. I also like that you included quizlet flashcards for your lesson.

In reply to Amanda Jones

by Jacob Schmeltzer -

I like that you have it set up so students can communicate with each other for their learning. It is super important that they can learn from each other!

In reply to Amanda Jones

by Stacey Eno -

I like that you plan on using graphic organizers and charts. I would suggest using bubbl. us! It's a great too that you could use in the classroom, and each student could create a user account!

In reply to Amanda Jones

by Adam Ballien -

i like the idea of using googledoc to tie in prior knowledge and allowing everyone to see what is posted, will allow for the shyer students to post with out having to talk in class and can be reviewed later in the lesson