Orange Zone Discussion Forum

Mary Seals

Mary Seals

by Mary Seals -
Number of replies: 0
  1. When presenting a lesson or a research topic to my students, I will use seemingly small and specific questions, that open up a whole other level of thought processes that leads them to thinking about issues on a global scale--leading them to the world outside of themselves. Watching a powerful video on YouTube in regards to a recent political or social issue that is happening now, and then prompting them with these types of questions is a great way to get critical thinking going, as well as research topics. 

2. If I was teaching a lesson on conjugating verbs, I could easily use a Prezi in order to she the different steps in a fun and interactive way. This would be a great resource because, that way, when they are not in class, they can access it any time online in order to review the different steps of conjugation and verb tenses.

3. I really like the idea of using Google Docs, and then having a shared folder for the class that all students have access to (but I am the administrator). This way, students can collaborate ideas as well as pick up on things that others may not have noticed. It also provides a way for me to see how they are doing, regulate behavior, and look at the areas that they are struggling with or excelling at.

4. I have created Quizlet flashcards that help students to study Spanish terms as well as verb endings in preparation for quizzes and tests. Here is a link to an animal flashcard quizlet: http://quizlet.com/33160869/animals-flash-cards/