Choosing Tools Thoughts & Ideas - Discussion Forum

Choosing Tools Thoughts & Ideas - Discussion Forum

Número de respuestas: 21

Post your Webtools 2.0 Quiz score here along with any thoughts or revelations that came to you as took the quiz.

• How familiar were you with the tools quizzed?
  • What tools would you like to incorporate into your blended environment?
  • Any other thoughts that came to you as you moved through these elements?
  • What apps did you find that you can incorporate into your own environment? How will you use them with students?
  • Describe any ideas you had that may help your learning cohort as they move forward using any of these tools in their classroom.

To create your post, simply click the 'Reply' link on this post.

Once you have completed this activity, you will be ready to move on to the next: Using Apps in Blended Learning

En respuesta a Primera publicación

Re: Choosing Tools Thoughts & Ideas - Discussion Forum

de Michael Reeves -

1000/1000

I thought the quiz was not extremely well written--there were too many options that were all of the above for the correct answer. Otherwise, it does introduce people to tools that can be useful in the classroom.

I would really like to work with Google Drive (docs), Picasa, Youtube, and other items that allow students to collaborate with different media. Basically, much of what Google creates is extremely helpful in the classroom. 

de Katherine Krauss -

1000/1000

I agree with Micheal. This quiz was very poorly written. It might be helpful for showing someone with limited expereince with technology how much can be done with online resources, but most people who have done nay work with online resources are familiar with the resources covered in the quiz.

I will probably incorporate many creation tools in my foreign language class. Whether creating a video, presentation, comic, or infograph, students would be practicing their language and incorporating multiple tools would keep the practice interesting.

I also really liked the questions for analyzing Web 2.0 tools. Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the cool factor of a tool and not truly think about how appropriate it is for our classroom or content area. It's important to select Web 2.0 tools intentionally, based on how they improve learning or the learning opportunities they provide. 

de David Slusser -

1000/1000

I liked that the questions were worded with a picture next to them, this helps for questions that I didn't know,bu tcould use logic to connec tthe answers and the picture. Many of the devices were unknown to me before I took the quiz. I think I will incorporate the google spreadsheet and other google docs. I'm not a huge fan of blogs, I'd rather just use a google docs for collaboratie laerning.

An Idea I had was to use video sharing via the google docs. Create a document that the students are able to post links on in order to share videos.

de Samantha Pierce -

900/1000

I thought that the questions asked too many "all of the above" questions making it a little obvious. There were websites that were in questions that I use and know a lot about so that helped.

I think that some of the tools that you use will also depend on the age of the students. Like you probably wouldn't have a kindergartener research something on the internet. The discussion tools are great for students to be able to bounce ideas off of each other. Again, I'm not big on blogging so that would also be a new experience for me.

de Anna Ryerson -

1000/1000

The tools that were talked about in these quizes were very familiar to me. Moodle would definately be something that I would incorperate into my classroom. most of the apps that i liked were all geared towards the younger students to help them grasp basic concepts. 

de Jack Pryde -

800/1000

Most of the questions for me where very familiar. The tool I want to incorperate is drop box in my class becuase I use it now to read books and save things on my computer and can retrive them easily. As I moved through these elements it just made me realize I have alot to get good at. 

de Usuario eliminado -

Many of the questions were familiar to me. I was confused by several of the options that were websites that I had heard of but not sure what is was. I am excited to explore some of these outfits even more.

de Jocelyn Kirk -

1000/1000

-I was relatively familiar with all that was discussed because a number of them were discussed through 21 Things but the quiz gave me a new idea of incorporating Webtools into units. Blogs can be implemented in the classroom so that students could create journals and reflections through an online format. This also allows other students to reply to their fellow classmates and can generate great discussion outside of the classroom.

de Ashley Alore -

I was familiar with a lot of these that were disscussed. Doing the 21 things was really benifical to this because all of the modules seem to realte to it. I think it really helped our class understand all of this material better and become more familar with it.

Ashley Tuttle

de Ashley Tuttle -

I got 900/1000. I thought that it was an interesting quiz, however most of the options were all of the above so I felt that with multiple questions, I would assume that the web tool was going to be all of the above questions.

de Cody Nevins -
900/1000 I was not familiar with many of the tools introduced in the quiz. I would like to work Google Drive, YouTube, and other media tools with my students. Along with Google Drive, I like everything Google has to offer and I believe is useful and helpful in the classroom.

de Alexandra Woodburne -

900/1000 I was familiar with most of the tools assessed, however there are a few new ones I would like to learn more about. In my future classroom I would like to incorporate Goolge Drive, Rubistar, Quizlet, and many others I have yet to explore.  

de Jacob Schmeltzer -

1000/1000 

As a music educator, I have never had the opportunity to witness a blended learning classroom for music so I have been trying to come up with some ideas to use.  The 21 Things 4 Teachers shared many ideas for blended learning, my favorite which would definitely be Google Docs. But anything that I can use to allow students to work on their tasks in their preferred way would be great.

Jared Groeneveld Re: Choosing Tools Thoughts & Ideas - Discussion Forum

de Jared Groeneveld -
I received a 900-1000 during the quiz. The 21 things modules and the blended learning assignments helped to prepare me for this quiz. While I was not sure about some of the questions I was able to make educated guesses about them. I feel that the Web tools website was more helpful after the quiz because it let you explore what you were familiar with and what you were not familiar with.

de Anthony Knop -

I got 800/1000, but the quiz really helped me with a few ideas of websites that I would like to try and incorporate in my classroom. I want to use blogster or another blog site to have my students post research progress or answer questions of mine. With this published, all the students will be able to read each others posts and hopefully learn from each other. I also want to use many different presentation sites, so the students will be able to use their creativity in many different ways.

de Amanda Jones -

I scored 1000 out of 1000

I was fairly familiar with the tools being quizzed.  If I personally had never used them, I at least knew what they were and what they were about.  I would really like to look into creating a blog.  I think it is an excellent way for teachers to get their thoughts out as well show what type of teacher they are.

En respuesta a Amanda Jones

de Cora Essenmacher -

I knew most of the tools that were presented in the quiz. By doing the 21 things, I remember having to use almost all of the items in the quiz so it helped me when taking it. 

Mary Seals

de Mary Seals -

The 21 Things did prepare me somewhat for the quiz.  There were only about 3 of the questions that I felt like I guessed on.  Most of them I had heard about, but I'd like to know more about how to use them in a classroom setting.  I made a personal list of the ones that I'd like more information on, which was helpful.

de Stacey Eno -

800/1000
 There were a lot of resources that I remembered from 21 things. I agree with some of my peers that this quiz was poorly written. I wrote down a few resources to refer to later. After using Google Drive I like working it with it a lot. I think that there is a ton to offer, and I think its a great tool to link students or peers to other great programs just as we have used it for a lot in EDC 370.

Adam Ballien

de Adam Ballien -

1000/1000

I liked how in the quiz that they had pictures for the students to refer to. This helped me solve a few questions that I wasn't 100% on. Some things that I like was that they had a video that went along with a powerpoint. This is a good idea to give the students the power point so they can go through it on their own pace or seperately and can also listen to the audio as they follow along. 

de Marie Zill -

I felt like I was familiar with most of the tools quizzed about.  I that that we have been introduced to other resources elsewhere that can be used for blending learning such as Edmodo.  As I have talked in pervious modules, I will use Edmodo to create an online community for my classroom.