Orange Zone Discussion Forum

Stacey Eno

Stacey Eno

by Stacey Eno -
Number of replies: 1

Cues, Questions, and Advance Organizers: Opening the lesson with questions of prior knowledge is a great way to open up the lesson.At the beginning of the lesson, check for the student’s prior knowledge on properties by showing an example on the board of each property. Be sure to check students understanding of equations and common symbols.Select students who may know how to describe properties. Allow students to create discussion over their prior experience with properties, and how they are used to solve equations. Continue asking questions that will make the students think critacally throughout class.

What technology will you be using to help students Develop Understanding:

I will be using jeapardy that is displayed and can be interacted with as a class. The visual representation in the game will excite the students, and allow them to commit to memory concepts being learned. 

Explain in this section how students will summarize or take notes as part of your lesson.:

Students can use notes taken through the class. They will create a google document and send it to the teacher to collaberate their work. After the collaberation is done, it can be used for students to refer to before the test.

For the strategy of Homework/Practice, either provide a link to your online presence (webpage, blog, etc.) that shows a practice opportunity for this lesson or a video for students to watch related to the lesson.:

I would utilize my webpage to display work that was collaberated by students to refer to. I could include break down videos of the lessons for students to review as a reminder. The web site I would use is:

www. weeble.eno1sn.com

In reply to Stacey Eno

Re: Stacey Eno

by Adam Ballien -

I like that you will post another video for the students with the homework so if they don't understand they will be able to rewatch it.