Module 5: Next Steps
Now that you have seen the rewarding depth of work that goes into creating next generation assessment items and understand the importance of writing assessment items that meet the needs of all students, you may be inclined to take your knowledge to the next level. This can be achieved by continuing to write high quality items that are part of a comprehensive next generation assessment.
Through a grant from MAISA, the Michigan Assessment Consortium (MAC), partnering with ISD/RESA specialists and university developers, has created a 24 module series for Michigan educators. The goal of these modules is to explain the major steps in the assessment development process. Each video module is accompanied by a PowerPoint, script, user's guide, and companion documents.
If your desire is to futher your knowledge on specific topics discussed in this module, you may want to explore specific modules identified below:
- Module 8: Writing Selected-Response Items
- Module 9: Writing Constructed-Response Items
- Module 10: Writing Performance Assessment Items
- Module 12: Developing and Using Scoring Guides and Rubrics
- Module 13: Editing the Draft Assessment Items
- Module 14: Detecing and Eliminating Bias and Distortion
You are now ready to move on to Module 6, which will teach you about data collection and conferencing. You can begin by going to the Module 6 Overview.