Red Zone Discussion Forum

Cora Essenmacher

Cora Essenmacher

by Cora Essenmacher -
Number of replies: 3

LEARNING OBJECTIVES:  My students will be able to list the main battles of the Civil War. They will also be able to tell who won the battle, the death toll for both sides, and who were the main generals that led the fight.

PROVIDING FEEDBACK: I will provide my students with a sample rubric at the beginning of the lesson so that they will know what they will be graded on prior to completing the project. I will also allow them to post things in Google Docs so that I will be able to provide them with feed back on certain things while they are completing the project.

Rubric: http://rubistar.4teachers.org/index.php?ts=1392591587

COOPERATIVE LEARNING: Students will be working in small groups to complete certain tasks given to them during the class period.

In reply to Cora Essenmacher

Re: Cora Essenmacher

by Ashley Tuttle -
I like that you did something about history. I also liked that you are using a rubric right away so that the students know what they are going to be graded on.

by Jacob Schmeltzer -

Google Docs really does seem like the way to go for online feedback. The fact that you can provide feedback instantly is very handy.

by Adam Ballien -

I like how your objectives are very clear on what they will be learning but that is a lot of information for the students to be learning and remembering in one lesson, maybe split this up into a week long thing and focus on one main battle per lesson.