Red Zone Discussion Forum

Red Zone Response

Red Zone Response

by Amanda Jones -
Number of replies: 3

LEARNING OBJECTIVES:  My students will be able to locate the distance from Earth to the moon.  They will be incorporating both science and math into this project.

PROVIDING FEEDBACK: I will provide my students with a sample rubric at the beginning of the lesson so that they will know what they will be graded on prior to completing the project. 

COOPERATIVE LEARNING: Students will be working in small groups to complete certain tasks given to them during the class period.  They will be asked to complete an online journal discussing their findings as well as writing down their measurements.

In reply to Amanda Jones

Re: Red Zone Response

by Ashley Tuttle -
I like that you are using multiple subjects which were science and math. I also like that you are putting the students into small groups so that way they are able to help each other throughout the project.
In reply to Amanda Jones

by Jacob Schmeltzer -

I like the clarity of the objective and how you state in the objective that students will meld the learning of two subjects together.

In reply to Amanda Jones

by Adam Ballien -

Good idea combining math and science into one project and providing a rubric at the beginning so they know what it is they need to accomplish.